I read the book 'The Naked Ape' written by the zoologist Desmond Morris in 1967 and was inspired by its thought provoking content. As a result I questioned my own point of view on human race, modern civilisation and its origin.

One of my favourite statements in this book is the following:

-"You are a member of the most extraordinary animal species
that has ever lived on this planet.
Understand your animal nature and accept it!"-

I am very interested into this topic as it covers subjects of science, nature, philosophy as well as science-fiction. At this stage I really want to investigate more into this approach towards our own species.
Who are we?
Where did we come from?
Where are we going to?
Who do we think we are?
What makes us different?
What makes us so superior but also so primitive?

No comments:

Post a Comment